The Eldersburg Rogue Runners will award up to seven $750.00 Academic Athlete Scholarships to graduating seniors who meet the minimum criteria and complete the application instructions outlined below. The awards will be sent directly to the winning students’ post-secondary school, college, or vocational/technical facility.
Minimum Application Criteria
- Participation in at Cross Country and/or Track and Field at least 1 season per year during their last 2 years of high school (or with the Arrows if home-schooled).
- Maintained a weighted 3.0 GPA
- Must plan on attending a post-secondary school, college, or vocational/technical facility
- Must have maintained Academic and Conduct Eligibility during the years of high school athletic participation
- Must be a current member of the Eldersburg Rogue Runners (family memberships are acceptable, check with your parents; to join visit http://errun.org/err-membership) and have been involved in at least one ERR event as a participant or volunteer sometime during your career
• Any Century, Liberty, South Carroll, or Private/Homeschooled High School senior meeting the minimum requirements can apply. There can be two awards in each school (one to a male athlete and one to a female athlete) and one Private/Homeschooled award
• The application form must be completed in full (the form is an interactive PDF but hand-
written or a mix is also acceptable for filling out the form)
• One letter of recommendation from a teacher or coach must accompany the application
• A short essay must be included with the application
- Essay topic: How did ERR influence your running and/or field-event career?
- Essay should be one typed page, 12 point font, double spaced
- Do NOT put your name on the essay page
• Staple the application form, the letter of recommendation and essay together, with the application form on top.
- All applicants must return the application form, essay and letter of recommendation to the Eldersburg Rogue Runners Scholarship, PO Box 1726, Eldersburg MD, 21784. Post Marked by April 15th of their graduating year.